Setup Book product from Admin Panel
You can integrate Book products for your print store just like any other standard product. Follow the steps below to understand how you can add it to your system.
- To start, go to, Admin >> Product >> +Add button
- If you wish to offer your customers the functionality to print color pages, the enable the ‘Enable the Color Pages’ toggle. This will add a color page text box at the front store, wherein the customer can define the number of color pages in their book.
You can also set the page name label, as you want them to appear at the front end.
- The product design type has two more options when compared with the standard product. As book products such as booklets or brochures, can have no cover page; we have provided an option of No Cover and Cover Included in Inner Page .
The latter will be useful when a customer has all the design prepared and is not looking forward to designing the cover page of the Book Product.Note: These product design options will only be available for the cover page(s). The cover pages are set up in the Setup Product Pages section of Designer Options.
- Price defining method for Book Product is set to Range Based with Multiplication.
Just like any other product, enter the various sizes of the book products. According to your offerings enter the sizes, the bleed size, etc.
Setup Product Pages
This is where you can define various pages that are to be made available for the Customer to design i.e. the cover pages. Example of such pages can be – Cover Page, Back Cover Page, Index Pages, etc. depending on your book product type.
Here, you can set a page range and define the prices of individual pages. If you have enabled the color pages then one can define the individual prices for Black and White and color pages. This can be done for all the book sizes.
For the number of pages entered at the front store, the system will run a lookup for black and white pages and color pages separately. It will –
- Check the number of B/W pages entered. (e.g. - 10)
- Find the price of the pages falling in the range and determine the price. (e.g. 10 X 1 = 10)
- Check the number of Color Pages entered. (e.g. - 5)
- Find the price of the pages falling in the range and determine the price (e.g. 5 X 2 = 10)
- Perform a summation of both prices and display the result. (e.g. 10 + 10 = 20)
In this section, add the additional options associated with your book product. Examples of such Additional Options are – Paper Type, Page Coating, Binding Type, etc.
Unlike the standard product, the Book Product has one extra Additional Option feature, where you can assign the additional options to specific book pages. Like, depending on your product offering you can create Additional Options for Black and White pages, or color pages or more.
The option selected under Applicable For would affect the prices displayed at the front store.
- All Pages: The option and the option price will be applicable for all the pages of the book.
- B/W Pages: The option and the option price will be applicable for Black and white pages only.
- Color Pages: The option and the option price will be applicable for color pages only.
- Book Copies: The option and the option price will be applicable for no of copies ordered. Example of such additional options includes – Book Stand, Cover Stock, Binding (yes or no), Binding Type.
- Printing Side: The option will determine the printing has to be done on one side or both the sides of the page and hence the pricing will be applied accordingly.
- There can be only one additional option with the Print side option the system will not allow adding more than one option for the printing side.
- If the printing side is selected in the "Type" section, there will only 2 options Radio Button and Drop Down by default.
- Once you define the Printing Side options, do check the Double Side option for the Option Name associated with it. This will help the system in identifying the double-side printing option, helping you in calculating the correct printing price.
- Talking about the below image –
- When 100 B/W and 100 color pages are added, the price calculation will be only for 50 B/w pages and 50 color pages. As. The printing side selected is double, i.e. printing is to be done on both sides of the pages.
- In the second case as printing is to be done on only the single side of the page, thus here the price will be calculated for 100 B/W pages and 100.
Cover Options – Tick this button if the Additional Option is associated with the cover pages of the book. The system will hide this option if the customer chooses to opt for No Cover design type.
Attribute Prices – Unlike the standard product, for book products, we have kept an open system where you can define separate quantity ranges (from that defined in the Product Price Section). Here, you can define any number of ranges for the attribute price which will always be independent of the ones defined in the pricing section.
So at the time of price calculation system will run a lookup to find the base price of every page from the pricing section, and for each attribute, it will run a separate lookup for the pages in the range defined in Additional Options Price section.
All the Book Product settings remain the same as standard products apart from a few. They are listed below –
- Upload Artwork & Content Pages Later Option: Enabling this option will allow your customers to upload the content pages later i.e. after completing the order.
- Page Lookup: This will define how the prices should be calculated at the front store i.e. only pages should be taken into consideration or the book copies numbers too.
- Only Page (Page) – Here for the price calculation system will first for the pages entered and later the sum will be multiplied with the book quantity.
- Page with Copies (Page X Copies) – Here for the price calculation system will multiply the page count with the number of book copies (Page Count X Book Copies (quantity)) then run a lookup to find the prices falling in the range – both, book base price and additional options price.
- Page with Copies (Page X Copies) (Only Base Price) – Here for the price calculation system will multiply the page count with the number of book copies (Page Count X Book Copies (quantity)) then run a lookup to find the prices falling in the range – only to find the books’ base price.
E.g. - Consider number of B/W pages = 5
Book Quantity = 3
So, the system will first multiple pages with quantities i.e. 5 X 3 = 15 and then run a price lookup for 15 pages for both: book base price and additional options price.
E.g. - Consider number of B/W pages = 5
Book Quantity = 3
So, the system will first multiple pages with quantities i.e. 5 X 3 = 15 and then run a price lookup for 15 pages to find the price.
For Additional Options, the system will every time run a lookup for 5 pages and then multiply the prices with quantity.
Book Price Adjustment
To make sure you get the desired price for your book product, we have provided this section of a base price and price adjustment.
- Book Base Price – According to your pricing setup use this section to define a base price for your book product for different sizes and page types (color and black & white).
As given in the example – for the first 100 B/W pages’ system will take 2 as base price consideration and for first 100 Color pages’ system will take 3 as the base price.
Front End –
- 1. According to the base price given, for the first 100 color and b/w pages the prices will remain 2 plus 3 i.e. 5.
- For the next 5 Black & White and 5 Color Pages, the prices will be added subsequently and calculated from the Product Price section.
- Book Quantity Price Adjustment – This section can be used to offer a discount to your customers who wish to buy the book product in large quantities. Enter the discounted amount or percentage as per the product sizes.
At the front end, there will be no strikethrough displaying the discount. The discounted amount will be deducted from the product price and displayed in total.
E.g. – For the quantity above 20 A4 Size book product an amount of 10 will be deducted and the remaining amount will be displayed.