One Click Automation Importing Orders
Importing Orders - One-Click Automation
You can add an order from the OnPrintShop Admin Panel, for this go to Admin >> Orders >> Add New Order.
Using this screen, you can add orders individually. To get started with Bulk Order Import you will have to get in touch with the technical team or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once Bulk Order Import is enabled for your OnPrintShop store, you’ll see an import button on Admin >> Orders >> Add New Order screen.
Importing bulk orders is a 6-step process, which involves downloading a sample file, filling up the details, mapping fields, and finally importing the orders. Let’s check each step in detail –
Step 1 – Download the file
Click the “Download File” button to download a sample CSV order import file.
Step 2 – Fill Data
In the file downloaded you’ll see serval columns. To import orders, you’ll have to fill all the required columns. Following is the description of some important columns –
- The email address of the customer. The system will check if the customer already exists or not.
- If there is no customer registered under the entered email, then a new customer will be registered.
- Example – email@example.com
First Name and Last Name
- Enter the Customer’s name. This is optional.
- If it is not entered in the sheet, then the system will check the following -
- If it is a Pre-existing customer, then the system will fetch their names using the email id entered.
- If non-existing, then an error will be shown while uploading the sheet.
- First name – John
- Last name - Doe
Product and Size Titles
- In these columns, you have to enter the product name and title. The product can be existing or custom.
- For existing products, it is not compulsory to enter the product sizes listed in the system, you can enter custom sizes.
- Product Title – Standard Business Card
- Size Title – 2.5 X 3.5
- This design name will be displayed in the Customer’s portfolio.
- Example - Business Card - 01
This is where template personalization comes into the picture. If the order product design uses a PDF Block Template or Print Ready PDF template, then all you have to do is enter the design name (as entered in OPS System) in this field.
- For PDF Block Template
To check PDF Block Template’s name, go to, Admin >> Template >> Product Template >> PDF Block template. Here, you’ll find Template’s name as shown in the picture.
- For Uploaded Print-Ready File
If the order product design is an ‘Uploaded Print-ready file’ then to get the file name go to Admin >> Templates >> Product Template >> Search ‘Uploaded Print-Ready PDF’
- In this column enter the Additional Option title with their attributes.
- Lamination: No
- Printing Side: Front
Lawn Stakes: Yes
- Lamination: No
Vendor Price and Price
- Vendor Price – Vendor Price must be less than or equal to Product Price
- Product Price – If the price is blank then the system will find the price from the product title or template title.
Production Days and Weight
- The production days will help the customers in knowing the estimated delivery days of the order.
- The weight will help you (Admin) in calculating the shipping price, shipping package, and shipping labels.
Address and Phone Number
- Depending upon your store configuration you’ll get to enter details in various address fields such as Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, Postcode, State, and Country.
- For the COUNTRY field, you’ll have to enter the country id. Get the country id from Step – 2 of the Import Orders screen in the Admin panel.
Step 3 – Upload File
In this step, you’ll have to upload the excel file.
For this, consider the following parameters.
- User Type – As stated above (in Step -2) you can mass upload orders only for one user type at a time, i.e. either for Default Store or for a store. For example, in this case, we are uploading orders of Dream Realtors store.
- Order Import Type – Here, there are two options – with template reference and without template reference.
- With Template Reference – If in the template_title column, you’ve entered any template i.e. entered PDF Block Templates or Uploaded Print ready file name, then choose with Template Reference. This will assign the designs to the respective order and also save the product design in the Customer’s Portfolio.
- Without Template Reference – If you haven’t entered any template names in the column template_title, and you don’t look to assign any templates to the orders then choose without template reference.
- Shipping Method – Any shipping method selected from here will be applied to all the orders being imported. This dropdown will not include the disabled shipping methods.
- Payment Method – Any payment method selected from here will be applied to all the orders being imported. This will list all the payment methods enabled in the system.
- Order Status – This will list the order statuses enabled in the system and the one selected from here will be applied to all the orders being imported.
- Save Template in Customer’s Portfolio – If the orders have a template associated with them then enable this setting to save those designs into the customer’s portfolio.
Now, upload the file and tick the Notify button to send an email to customers.
Step 4 – Map Database Field
Field mapping, in essence, is the process of determining what data you want to move into a particular field.
We have a mapping tab for Order Details, wherein you can map the database fields with the import orders excel sheet fields.
- Database Field – This contains the database fields saved in the system.
- Description – This contains a list of all the excel sheet fields, for you to map with the database fields.
For the PDF Block Templates, there will be a tab assigned to each template.
- You can map the template’s field with the excel file fields.
- For example, in the example below, you can see Address database field is mapped with the address1 field of the import order field.
- The name database field is mapped with firstname, Phone Number is mapped with the phone.
If there are more than one page in PDF Block Template, then you’ll see page information while mapping fields.
Step 5 – Imported Data Summary
Here, the system will display the Imported Data Summary.
Step 6 – Orders Preview
Here, you’ll see the order summary.
- This will contain customer details, order product details, design, shipping address, shipping, and payment details, and order total.
- You can also check the design if you added the orders with template personalization.
- If there’s a new customer to be added, then you’ll see an indication for the same.
Next, click on the Import button in the top-right corner.
The system will display a warning message asking if you are sure to import orders, click Yes. Now, you’ll be redirected to the order’s screen with all the new orders added.