Imposition Schema Manager
Imposition Schema Manager
From this section, you can create, edit, and delete imposition schemas. Search schemas from the filter provided, click to preview and perform edit and delete actions on the schemas. You can also view the details of the schema such as job size, sheet size, imposition style and other basic details.
Edit – A quick link to edit the imposition schema scheme.
Duplicate – Use this link to create a copy of any existing Imposition Schema, you get the option to make the necessary changes and continue.
Manage Layouts – This link will appear only if ‘Printing Style’ used for selected Imposition Schema is ‘Self Back’. To create a layout, just enter its title and select from the dropdown for available reference styles. You adjust the front and back sides of the page as well as rotate the pages at 90 degrees to create as many layouts as possible, using the box that will show below the reference styles dropdown. One the layout is ready, remember to click ‘Save’ to make sure that changes get applied.
This interface allows you to add new Imposition Schema. Important fields are described below:
- Select Size Unit – Select a size unit that you want to use for the new Imposition Schema.
- Auto Conversion – Use this checkbox if you want to auto covert Imposition Schema based on the selected size.
- Select Sheet Size – Select a sheet size that you want to use for this specific Imposition Schema. You can manage the sheet sizes from Sheet Size Management.
- Job height and width – Enter the job height and width. This is the height and width of the individual design to be imposed on the sheet.
- Vertical and horizontal margin – This defines the difference between two jobs.
- Top Trim Margin – Trim margin that will be applicable from the top side as well as the bottom side of the imposition sheet.
- Side Trim Margin – Trim margin that will be applicable from both the right and left side of the imposition sheet.
- Cutting Marks – You can select the cut margins of an existing product from the drop-down or define custom margins for the schema.
Schema Details and Preview
Imposition Style – This is where you decide how to impose the job that will be placed on the imposition sheet. There are two types of Imposition Styles available:
Printing Style – This is where you decide how the imposition sheet will be used to print the job.
There are three types of printing styles available:
- Work & Turn: When using this option, both front and back jobs will be printed on separate sides of the paper.
- Work & Tumble: When using this option, both front and back jobs will be printed on separate sides of paper but the printing direction of the back page will be just in opposite direction compared to the front side.
- Self-Back: When using this option, both front and back jobs will be printed on a single side of the paper. Self-Back printing style can again be classified into two types:
- Self and Back with Work and Turn: Both front and back side jobs will be printed towards the horizontal direction of paper one by one.
- Self and Back with Work and Tumble: Both front and back side jobs will be printed towards the vertical direction of paper one by one.
Select the position of color and grayscale strips. Also, you can use various variables to display dynamic information on the Imposition Schema. Using the help provided in the ‘Edit Imposition Schema’, you can set the information to be displayed in the imposition sheet.
- Wastage – Portion of imposition sheet which will remain unused.