Engage with customers using WhatsApp, send them a notification, order alerts, shipping alerts, and discounts. Reach customers the world’s most popular messaging app through Gupshup. Integrating Gupshup into your Admin Panel provides seamless features in interacting with your customers send alerts and notifications from a range of preapproved templates.
WhatsApp has an average open rate of over 98%, making it most effective among all channels for sending crucial information like payment reminder/confirmation, order updates, etc.
Advantages of integrating WhatsApp API into your website –
- Connect with your customers globally
- Send messages across any mobile OS, device, and carrier.
- Know the instant a message reaches your users with read-recipients.
- Secure communication with end-to-end communication.
- Deepen customers’ trust in brand messaging.
Requirement for integration
Certain requirements are to be fulfilled for successful integration, they are:
- Your business must be verified on the Facebook Business Manager.
- To create your Business Manager Account follow the instructions given on this page - https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1710077379203657?id=180505742745347
- You can start the business verification process in Business Manager by following the guidelines given on this page - https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817?id=180505742745347
- Business Phone number WhatsApp
- It is the verified and registered business phone number also, it should not be linked with another WhatsApp Business Account.
- Reference Link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/api/account
Step – 1 Create Account and Application
- Go to, Gupshup Developers Page and login via Facebook (your Facebook Developers Account).
- To create an application go to, Dashboard >> WhatsApp
- Click on the + sign to start an application
- In the next step, choose ‘Access API’ as the type of application.
Step – 2 Application Creation Process
Now, the WhatsApp setup assistant will guide you to the journey of your application creation and start sending WhatsApp Messages.
- Next, is to define a unique name for your WhatsApp Messaging App. Please save this name separately as one would require this while integrating Gupshup WhatsApp into the Admin Panel.
- Next is to take consent from your user to have an engagement. Gupshup has two policies for message sending – Template Messaging and Session Messaging.
- Session Message
- Allows customization of messages.
- Used to reply to the customer queries or messages within a 24-hour activity window i.e. within 24 hours of the customer’s last message.
- Can send to active users, opted or non-opted, both
- Charges are only the Gapshup fee.
- For the session message, get your opt-ins via any of the listed mechanisms.
- Template Message
- Allows only pre-approved template messages. WhatsApp provides certain template messages, more template messages are to be requested for approval from WhatsApp.
- Used for sending out transactional notifications.
- Can be sent to opt-in users (only), active and inactive both i.e. can be sent with customer consent only.
- Charges are Gapshup fee + Country-wise WhatsApp fee
- For template message get your opt-ins via the following mechanism.
- Now, your sandbox application (in development mode) is available for sending messages to your customers. From here you view the pricing to send each session or template message and opt for a plan at later stages.
- You can also sent a test message by just entering the number of your recipient and typing the message. There is a separate section of inbound events shown on the right side, where you can view all the activities happening on your application.
Step – 3 Integration in to Admin Panel
- Get the API ID from Profile and save it for integration into Admin Panel.
- In the Admin Panel go to,
- Under the Edit, enter the API Key, the Sender ID, and the Set countries.
- Keep the Mode as Live, enter email ID, and enter the sandbox application name.
After configuration go to, Admin >> Content Management >> Email/SMS Notifications >> SMS Notifications
Here, add SMS notification messages for various instances and keep their statuses enabled. If there are no messages integrated, the WhatsApp messages will not be sent.
Once you save the configuration details, your customers will be able to see a message under their My Profile and Registration Page asking their consent to opt for WhatsApp notifications.
Also, while adding any customer from the Admin Panel, you’ll get the option to enable the WhatsApp notifications for the customer.
Step – 4 Switch to live mode
This is how your Gupshup dashboard will look like. Here you can check the overall messages sent, received, your wallet balance (if any), and more.
To switch into live mode, click on Go Live. So before going live you would require to complete the setup process and make sure your WhatsApp Live checklist is ready. At any stage, you can easily refer to the links provided by Gupshup or get connected with any of their customer service representatives.