Setup GST (Goods and Services Tax)
GST is an Indirect Tax, which has replaced many Indirect Taxes in India. This indirect tax made India on unified market. There are three taxes applicable under this system: CGST, SGST & IGST.
- CGST: Collected by the Central Government on an intra-state sale. (E.g. transaction happening within Gujarat)
- SGST: Collected by the State Government on an intra-state sale. (e.g. Transaction happening within Gujarat)
- IGST: Collected by the Central Government for inter-state sale. (e.g. Gujarat to Tamil Nadu)
GST reduces overall tax burden from the end customer. Thus, it is highly recommended by OnPrintShop for Indian Default Stores to integrate GST Taxation into their web store.
Follow the below systematic steps to integrate GST into your –
Step – 1 Enable GST Plugin into your web store
- Connect with OnPrintShop technical team or mail us to email@example.com to install the plugin into your web store.
Step – 2 Enable GST from Admin Panel
- On your Admin Panel go to,
Step – 3 Set Seller Location
- Go to
- In the Settings section, select the ‘Seller Location’.
- All the GST calculations are made while considering your location. The selected state is considered as your home state.
Step – 4 Manage HSN Number
HSN means Harmonized System of Nomenclature code used for classifying the goods under the GST, Goods and Service Tax. To add the steps follow steps below-
- Go to
- In the Help Section click on ‘Manage HSN Numbers’.
- Enter the HSN numbers for all the Standard Product (offered in catalogue) and Custom Products (Specially requested by customers) for each product name on the screen and save.
You can import HSB number from an excel file. To do so
- Go to
- In the Help Section click on ‘Import HNS Numbers’.
- Download the file.
- Fill up the data in the file. Remember to fill the mandatory rows.
- Upload the file.
- The screen will now redirect you to the Manage HSN Numbers screen, which will have all the imported HSN numbers against the respective products.
Step – 5 Add Tax In Admin Panel
To select the Tax calculation criteria, go to,
To add Tax go to,
- Admin Panel >> Store Configuration >> Tax/VAT Settings >> Add Button
- Select the desired tax from Tax Type dropdown.
- Enter the Tax Rate in percentage.
- Save the Tax.
- Repeat the same for all types of Taxes.
Step – 6 Configure the GST Product wise.
To set product wise GST, go to,
- Select the desired Tax from the ‘Tax’ dropdown beside the search text box. (You can enter the tax rate of only one tax at a time, for other tax select that tax and then enter tax rate)
- Go to the desired product, select the Specific Tax from the ‘Tax Rate Type’ column dropdown.
- A text box will appear next to it, enter the Tax percentage in it.
- Save the changes.
At the front store as per the set logic if a sale is made in the same state as the seller location then CGST and SCST will be charged. If the sale is made in a different state then only IGST will be charged according to the tax rate defined in the system. The system will check first for a specific product wise tax and if that is not configured then only the system will take the Global Tax Rate defined.