Admin Section Enhancements
Rule-based product assignment to Vendor (Printer)
Earlier, Admin had to assign products to printers. There was no provision to assign the products quantity-wise, or option-wise. Now, we have implemented a feature to assign products to the printer based on Rules i.e. products can be assigned on Size Based, Quantity Based and Additional Option Based.
To check the feature go to,
For this, we have added the setting under the ‘Add Printer’ screen, for the Admin to decide the way products must be assigned to the particular printer – manually or automatically.
When Admin clicks on the ‘Assign Products’, they’ll be redirected to a new and enhanced Product Assignment page of the printer. Here, Admin can check a summary of assigned products with size, quantity, and options-based rules.
Admin can anytime click on the ‘Assign Products’ button to assign products to the printer and create rules. Admin can assign products in two different ways –
- Bulk Assign (assign multiple products at once then create rules later)
- Individual (assign the products individually along with rules at the same time)
Using the Bulk Assign option Admin can assign multiple products to the printer, without any rule creation. Admin can select multiple products from the Select Products list and assign those products to the printer.
Once Admin assigns product, the product gets assigned to the printer (without any rule) and Admin is redirected to the Product Assignment page. The rule can now be created using the ‘Edit’ button.
Individual Product Assignment
Under individual product assignment, Admin can assign products and create rules. At a time Admin can select one product, then select a rule-based on Product Size, Quantity, and Additional options.
For dynamic size products, Admin will get to select ‘All Area’ or ‘Specific’.
Similar Product Assigned to Printer Notification
While creating rules Admin will be able to check other rules created for the same product on the right side of the same screen as shown in the image below.
How the product will be assigned?
The products will be assigned based on rules created. If the rule applies to multiple Printers then the system shall assign the product to the Printer that is found first in the database.
The priority of Rules assignment is defined as follows –
- Product + Size + Quantity + Options
- Product + Size + Quantity
- Product + Size
When a product is assigned to multiple printers, then the product will be assigned to printers that satisfy maximum conditions. The printer satisfying maximum condition can be said to have ‘High Probability rate of Product Assignment’.
Extra Field Enhancement
In this release, we will add two new Input Types in the Extra Field creation. We have added the following two input types at two different instances –
- Checkbox input type in Customer Extra Fields
- Switch button in Customer Extra Fields and Manage Form Fields
Customer Extra Fields
In the Customer Extra Fields, we have added to field types – Switch Button and Checkbox.
The switch button has a default value field, meaning how it should appear at the front store by default. The checkbox field can have validation as Allow Null and Require.
To create an extra field go to,
These fields appear in the ‘Import of extra fields’ flow.
Manage Form Fields
In the form fields, we have included ‘Switch Button’ as a field type with the default value (same as Customer Extra Fields).
To create a Form Field go to,
Email Notification template enhancement
Now, we have added a button ‘BCC’, this will add the BCC field where Admin can enter an email ID for the same.
Along with the BCC field, we have given a provision to set the display name that e-mail recipients will see. Admin shall use the format <your_display_name>your_email_id e.g. <John Doe>firstname.lastname@example.org.
To use the features go to,
Stock Summary Report
- Business owners must keep products in stock without tying up cash in huge amounts of inventory. To do that, one needs accurate numbers to understand when it’s time to reorder and what the reorder quantity should be. To track product stock we have added a new Report – Stock Summary.
- Go to, Admin >> Reports >> Product >> Stock Summary
- This report will provide you with information such as – Total Credited Stock, Total Debited Stock, and Remaining Stock along with product details.
Report Field Settings
- In reports we had allowed Admin to manage the fields, i.e. check/uncheck the fields to view and to export. Now, enhancing this feature we are adding Display Tabs and Export Tabs.
- To get the feature, go to,
- Here, Admin can manage the report fields to view and export separately and personalize reports according to sales and business needs.
Order Product Details Report
- In the Order Product Detail Report we have added a new column named – Due Date. This will allow the Admin to track the estimated delivery date of the ordered product.
- Go to,
Order Delivery Report
- In the Order Delivery Report, the date filter now will be applied based on when the order was last modified.
Shipping label file format
- For UPS and FedEx shipping methods we have given provision to set the label generation details. There are different settings provided for FedEx and UPS the Label Generation Details are different as explained below –
- Go to,
- Label Print Method – This allows the admin to download the shipping label in the desired format. Available formats are – PDF, PNG, ZPLII, EPL2, and DPL.
- Paper Type – We have added a dropdown to select a paper type with a default value as Paper 7X4.75
- Label Print Method – This allows the admin to download the shipping label in the desired format. Available formats are – GIF, STARPL, ZPL, EPL, and SPL.
- Label Image Height & Width – This will help the Admin to define the print label’s height and width. The valid value for height is 4 and for width is 6 and 8.
IP Address Blocking
- You can block multiple IP addresses to avoid unnecessary spammers and traffic. For this we have created an interface at Admin >> Store Configuration >> Site Setting >> Block IP Address tab
- Here, you can add the IP addresses that you want to block from accessing your front store and admin panel. Enter the IPs as shown in the below format – one per line and save.
Assign and manage branch to customers
- Earlier, there was no provision for the Admin to assign branch to the previously registered customers. Admin can now anytime edit a customer and assign a branch to customers.
- To assign branch to already registered customers, go to,
Send order SMS to printer/vendor
- Earlier, Order Update SMS notifications were not sent to the printer for the Printer Specific SMS Templates. Now, according to the configuration (SMS services and SMS notification) printer will also receive all the SMSs same as Admin and Customers.
Product details in Order Product cancellation pop-up
- We had given a provision for customers to cancel an order product. For this when the customer clicked on ‘Request for Cancellation’ a pop-up was displayed, where customers could select a reason to cancel the ordered product, write comments (if any), and then submit their request.
- Now, your customers will also see Product details in the Order-Product Cancellation pop-up. This will be helpful to be aware of the product that is being canceled from the Order.
Order Export XML enhancement
- In the XML Export file of order, we have added an <pagename> attribute in the details of the print-ready files section.
Display Quote Admin Notes in order details
- In our system, Admin Note added in quotes was not displayed on the Order Details screen. Now, we will display the Admin Note added in quotes in the Quote History tab of the Order Details page. The note is displayed right under the Quote Title.
- Till now there was no provision for the Admin to add taxes in the quote product. In this version, there will be a provision for the Admin to add taxes for different quote products.
- Admin can select the tax rate type i.e. the default tax applied in the system or a specific tax. In the Tax Rate (in %) Admin can define a percentage to calculate the product tax, however default taxes will be applied on shipping prices.