Create A Clip Art Image
Creating a ClipArt Image
In the Designer Studio settings on the Admin Panel, you can upload Clip Arts for your customer. This helps them to create design in a more enhanced way.
On the Admin Panel, the system allows only to upload .SVG files as Clip Art.
What are .SVG files?
SVG is a vector format that describes images as shapes, paths, text, and filter effects. These files are compact and provide high-quality graphics. The SVG images magnify their view on-screen without sacrificing the sharpness, detail or clarity. The SVG format is entirely XML based.
What are the advantages of SVG files?
- They give high-quality graphics.
- Magnify without sacrificing sharpness.
- No loss in details and clarity.
- Offers superior support for text and colors.
How to Create a Clip Art (.SVG file) in Adobe Illustrator? (Single Color)
Step – 1 Create your Clip Art using various shapes.
The below example is a Clip Art of the cloud. For the cloud shape, there are a number of circles created that lead to the formation of cloud shape.
Enable Path Finder from Ctrl + Shift + F9 or go to, Windows > Path Finder.
Step – 2 Merge All the Shapes
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the shapes.
- Click on Pathfinder Tool to create a compound shape and add to shape area.
Step – 3 Create a Compound Path
After merging all the shapes made a Compound Path for the shape i.e. the SVG path.
- Go to, Objects > Compound Path > Make
- To save the files in .SVG format export the files as SVG.
The .SVG exported is ready for upload into the designer studio of the Admin Panel as a Clip Art.
To upload a .SVG file into the Admin Panel go to,
The above example shown was of a Clip Art with a single color. Shown below is an example where the Clip Art has two different fill colors, like a flower.
How to Create a Clip Art (.SVG file) in Adobe Illustrator? (Multi-Color)
Step – 1 Create a Shape
- Draw an image with more than one color fill.
- Enable Path Finder from Ctrl + Shift + F9 or go to, Windows > Path Finder.
Step – 2 Create Path
- The example shows a flower where petals are of a different color than the center of the flower.
- Thus, to create a path there is a need to merge both the entities separately and then create a Compound Path.
- Select all the petals of flowers.
- Go to Object > Compound Path > Make
- Now, select the centre portion of the flower and go to, Object > Compound Path > Make
Step – 3 Save the SVG File
- To save the SVG file, go to File > Export > Export as
- In the Save As Dialog box, enter the file name.
- In the ‘Save as Type’ section, enter the file format as SVG (*.SVG).
- In the SVG Options dialog box, enter the Decimal as 2 and look for other settings.
Using similar steps, you can create SVG files for other Clip Arts. In case of any query, please connect with the OnPrintShop support team.